Atty. Alfonso L. Orioste, Jr.San Beda College Alabang
School of Law
I am a proud product of Albano Bar Review Center. Truly, it has been a great bar journey to be trained by the best legal minds in our country today. Allow me to list several factors which I think played crucial in preparing me to be the best as I can as a bar candidate in surviving the gruesome bar examination month and eventually passing the same:
1. Schedule - Review days in ABRC (Manila) are held during weekends; meaning - I get to study on my own and at my own pace during weekdays and have my rest days during weekends listening to the lecturers.
2. Approach - They taught us to prioritize quality over quantity. Dean Albano and the rest of the lecturers focus on at least 200 important points on every subject during pre-bar and they narrow it during special lectures and pre-week to give focus on the more important points. They also have handouts/materials carefully picked and studied by the lecturer including all the recent updates in jurisprudence.
3. Top-notched Lecturers - With the likes of Dean Albano, Atty. Cruz, Dean Riano, Atty. Sandoval and Dean Barlis - it gives you the confidence you need in answering even the most difficult bar questions. All of the lecturers, I can say, are very professional. You can see their enthusiasm and eagerness to impart knowledge to us, students of law. They are very much approachable as well. Do not be shy - they will answer your questions.
4. Mock Bar Exams – The exams cover all bar subjects. Checked booklets contain comments and tips from the lecturers on how you can improve the way you present and detail your answer. It added confidence on my part on how to answer questions straight to the point.
5. Staff - The ‘support group’ that is what we call them - are very much approachable. They make sure that you get to have your bar materials and they remind you of the changes in the schedule ahead of time, if there is any. More importantly, they always include you in their prayers!
6. Food – Mrs. Lilian Albano and Miss Mae heading the food department will certainly make your review sessions worthwhile. From their appetizing lumpiang gulay to a wide variety of lunch and dinner menu, you wouldn’t notice that time has passed by while listening to the lecturer and munching on these goodies.
7. Family-like atmosphere – ABRC is like a family. We treat each other like a relative; we support each other. And as a relative, what they only want is for you to pass and excel in the bar examinations.
I can honestly say that we were well-taken cared of during the whole program. The ABRC family kept the atmosphere light and most of the time enjoyable while keeping us focused in this endeavor. Kudos to everyone!
Thank you, Dean Ed Vincent Albano and the entire ABRC family for this wonderful and fruitful experience. ABRC definitely lives up to its motto, Nil Nisi Optimum. They offer and give you - Nothing but the best!
God bless you and more power to all of you!